2. Through 75 Balwadis, 1,799 rural Children were nurtured. In all the Balwadis, Malt along with hygienically prepared highly nutritive lunch with vegetables was served during the day. And in the evening vitamin-rich cereals were provided to the children.
3. In our Medicare Programme, 1667 patients were examined and treated for various common ailments, through 14 Rural Medical Centers in Kanyakumari, Nellai and Thoothukudi districts.
4. Eye camps were conducted at 3 places, in Kanyakumari, and Nellai districts in which 505 were treated for their eye ailments and 77 were operated for cataract. 29 persons given eye drops and 45 persons given spectacles.
5. In 181 Samskara Vargas, 6,724 students participated. The students were taught about the values of Indian Culture, through games, lectures & lessons. The feelings of oneness were strengthened among participants, through patriotic songs and games.
6. Under Adopt a Grannie Programme, 30 destitute and old people were provided with monthly solatiums, in the form of rice, dhal, oil, etc., for their livelihood and 94 persons provided rice only, in Southern four districts of Tamilnadu.
7. Monthly Deepa poojas were organized in 217 village temples in five districts of Southern Tamilnadu, in which 11103 ladies participated and offered prayers for the welfare of self, family and the society.
8. Under Amrita Surabhi Scheme, our Kendra workers collected 340 Kgs of rice from five districts.
9. Through various branch centers, including Thoothukudi A.O. and book stalls, literature books were sold for Rs. 32,700 /-
10. Vivekavani Subscriptions for 81 for one year, two Yuva Bharathi collected.
11. 80 women are being benefited in 4 Self Help Groups in Kanyakumari district.
12. Yoga Varga has been conducted at 02 places, Kovilpatti and Aruppukottai in which 25 persons attended.
13. Swadhyaya Varga has been conducted at one places, Kovilpatti and Aruppukottai in which 13 persons attended
14. 4 tailoring units are functioning well in Nellai & Kanyakumari districts with the total attendance of 81.
15. Shivalinga Poojas were conducted at 03 places in Kanyakumari District and 177 members participated.
16. Durga Pooja was conducted at 03 places, in Kanyakumari District in which 179 devotees participated.
17. Cultural class conducted Pillaiyarpuram – KK distrit and 224 students participated from 18 cultural classes..
18. Yoga & Personolity development camps was conducted at 5 places in 4 districts and 527 students participated.
19. 1008 Deepa Pooja was conducted in Kanyakumari Arulmigu Bhagavathi amman Temple and Sankarankovil (Thoothukudi District) Arulmigu Sankara Narayanar Temple where 1776 devotees participated from 75 villages.
20. Swami Vivekanandar Jeyanthi Vizha was performed at 5 places in 4 district and 770 devotees participated.
21. Youth camp was performed at 1 places in Kanyakumari district and 111 persons participated.
S.Gomathi – Sivagiri – Tirunelveli District
In our balwadi Selvan Vasanth Kumar aged about 2 years is coming. One day during the time of mid day meals he has gone to bathroom. At that time I have started the prayer (Brammarpanam) and instructed all the students to take food. During that time he came and sat but not started to take meals. I informed him to take the meals. But he replayed only after the prayer he will take the meals. Again I repeated the prayer for him and he started to take meals. I wondered his nature of dedication of worship.
R.Gnanakumari – Mangavilai – Kanyakumari District
In our balwadi Selvi Indhu aged about 4 years is studying. I was narrating the history of the Vivekananda Rock Memorial by the collection of Rs.1/- from each and everybody by Sri. Eknath Ranade and celebrated the birthday of Eknath Ranade. She exclaimed and wondered only by this effort the Rock Memorial has been constructed then how they would have suffered. Now the Rock Memorial has become a historical monument. Her words made me to wonder.
R.Sankara Subbulakshmi – Nagalapuram – Thoothukudi District
In our balwadi Selvi.K.Shenbaga Priya is studying. In her house in order to control and make her to feel fearness in mind her parents have told her that ghost will come if anything she commits wrong. She has replied to her parents that there is no ghost will come. Also she has told the story of Swami Vivekananda and the ghost and how he has boldly stood to see the ghost. Her mother narrated all the matter and felt so happy how much courage their daughter has got in her childhood.