All India Camps at Kanyakumari
Medium : English & Hindi
The Syllabus : Spiritual Retreat & Yoga Shiksha Shibir
- Study and Practce of Yogasanas, Pranayama & Kriyas
- Yogic relaxation methods, japa and techniques of meditation
- Study of Yoga Darshana
- Bhagavad Gita
- Indian Culture
- Life and message of great men and women of our country
- Chanting of strotras, bhajans and songs for emotional culture.
- Visits to Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Kanyakumari Temple
- Visit/trekking to Marutmalai Mountain (in Yoga Shibir only)
The Camps are fully residential. Simple dormitory accommodation is provided for Ladies and
We provide simple vegetarian food.
Kanyakumari has an excellent weather throughout the year.
The summer is pleasant with just sufficient warmth and the winter is never cold.
Winter clothing are generally not needed at Kanyakumari.
How to Reach?
- Vivekanandapuram is Just 1 Km. from the Kanyakumari Railway Station.
- Taxis and autos ply regularly between Kanyakumari and the campus.
- Thiruvananthapuram is the nearest airport (just 90 kms. away).
- Vivekanandapuram is a request bus stop for all the buses entering Kanyakumari.
- Participants should bring their necessary bedding with mosquito-net, a torch
light, writing materials, toiletry articles needed for entire duration of the Shibir.
- Prescribed dress for Yogasana Sessions:
For Men: Any light colour loose T-Shirts and Track suits/Shorts
For Ladies: Any light colour Salwar and Kameez i.e. Punjabi dress. Tight dress
or Jeans are not allowed.
Apart from Yogasana and Shramanubhava sessions shorts are not allowed for the other sessions.
- Please avoid bringing tape recorders, i pods and other valuable articles.
- Use of Mobile phones is not allowed during the camp.
- Participation in all the sessions in time is compulsory for all the participants.
- Participants should report at Shibir office one day before the camp
starts latest by 6.00 p.m. and can leave only after lunch on the
concluding day. Late reporting and/or leaving before the camp concludes
are strictly not allowed.
- Going out of the campus venue, smoking, chewing of Paan /
Paan-Masala, consumption of tobacco / alcohol or any other intoxicants
are strictly prohibited.
- The participants are required to walk daily about two kilometers and
climb stairs upto two floors daily, within the campus for various
For successful completion of the Shibir, adherence to above instructions is necessary.
How to Enroll?
Fill up the attached form (giving full and correct details) and
send to the address given below.
Camp Donations are Tax Exempted under Section 80-G of Income Tax Act, and non-refundable & non-transferable.
Registration / enrolment on reaching maximum number i.e. 75.
Shibir Office In-charge
Vivekananda Kendra, Vivekanadapuram
Kanyakumari – 629702
Phone: +91 - 4652 – 247012
Fax: +91 - 4652 - 247177