1 “Sri Rama Jaya Rama” Mantra was chanted during Deepa Pooja, Shivalinga Pooja and daily by our Balwadi school children, cultural class students and during monthly meetings by our Balwadi teachers and Social Workers. Every month nearly 7, 69,923 times mantras were chanted in 84 localities.
2. Through 75 Balwadis, 2,015 rural Children were nurtured. In all the Balwadis, Malt along with hygienically prepared highly nutritive lunch with vegetables was served during the day. And in the evening vitamin-rich cereals were provided to the children.
3. In our Medicare Programme, 1591 patients were examined and treated for various common ailments, through 14 Rural Medical Centers in Kanyakumari, Nellai and Thoothukudi districts.
4. Eye camps were conducted at 5 places, in Kanyakumari, and Nellai districts in which 796 were treated for their eye ailments and 141 were operated for cataract. 28 persons given eye drops and 16 persons given spectacles.
5. In 182 Samskara Vargas, 7095 students participated. The students were taught about the values of Indian Culture, through games, lectures & lessons. The feelings of oneness were strengthened among participants, through patriotic songs and games.
6. Under Adopt a Grannie Programme, 30 destitute and old people were provided with monthly solatiums, in the form of rice, dhal, oil, etc., for their livelihood and 112 persons provided rice only, in Southern four districts of Tamilnadu.
7. Monthly Deepa poojas were organized in 232 village temples in five districts of Southern Tamilnadu, in which 9631 ladies participated and offered prayers for the welfare of self, family and the society.
8. Under Amrita Surabhi Scheme, our Kendra workers collected 1118 Kgs of rice from five districts.
9. Through various branch centers, including Thoothukudi A.O. and book stalls, literature books were sold for Rs. 30,107 /-
10. Vivekavani Subscriptions for 37 for one year, one Patrons collected.
11. 80 women are being benefited in 4 Self Help Groups in Kanyakumari district.
12. Yoga Varga has been conducted at 02 places, Kovilpatti and Aruppukottai in which 25 persons attended.
13. Swadhyaya Varga has been conducted at one places, Kovilpatti and Aruppukottai in which 13 persons attended
14. 4 tailoring units are functioning well in Nellai & Kanyakumari districts with the total attendance of 81.
15. Shivalinga Poojas were conducted at 03 places in Kanyakumari District and 177 members participated.
16. Durga Pooja was conducted at 03 places, in Kanyakumari District in which 228 devotees participated.
17. Anna Pooja was performed at Thoothukudi on Sri Kaliamman Kovil and 200 devotees participated in the function and 3500 kgs rice collected.
18. In the memory of Saraswathi didi on 15th April food with sweet, bananas served to 2015 children of 75 balwadies.
19. 1008 Deepa Pooja was conducted in Kovilpatti ( Thoothukudi District) Arulmigu Shenbagavalliamma Temple and Thirupullani ( Ramnad District) Sri Aathi Jehanatha Perumal Temple where 2220 devotees participated from 67 villages.
20. Swami Vivekanandar Jeyanthi Vizha was performed at 7 places in 4 district and 2445 devotees participated.
M.Karuppasamy – Vallioor – Tirunelveli District
In Sambavar Vadakarai village Selvi Muthuselvi a poverty stricken girl is living. She was working in the Vivekananda Kendra, Thoothukudi for some years. After wards with the efforts of some good people she got married. Aftermarriage she wa s unable to go get child. Then she joined as a teacher inkendra tailoring unit at Surandai. One of our kendra worker gave a book. “Karpagambihai shothram” and advised to chant & Pray daily. Later on she gave birth to a child. All the people blessed her and informed that only Vivekananda Kendra has gives her a rehabilitated life..
T.Kalaivani – Keelakottai, Ramnad District
508 Deepa Pooja was arranged at Thiruvadanai in Ramnad District. Since it was a new place to me I was unable to collect the donation. Sunday the Pooja was arranged and until Friday I was unable to collect any donation and Friday I went to the temple. Three people who were standing then called me and enquired me and I explained the situation. They informed me to contact some people then and also helped me by giving me their TVS XL vehicle. I contacted those persons and collected the donation and returned the vehicle to them and gave Rs.100/ towards the cost of petrol. But they refused to receive the money and also informed that they have done a small help to me to serve for the Vivekananda Kendra which impressed me very much.
T.Padmavathy – Vallankumaranvilai – Kanyakumari District
In our balwadi Selvi. Sibitha used to come with flowers in her head to the balwadi. On 19.11.2014 the birthday of Mananeeya Eknath Ranade was celebrated at Kanyakumari. She has informed her parents not to keep flower in her head instead to give it in her hands. On that day she brought different kinds of flowers and offered to the portrait of Mannaneeya Eknath Ranade. That showed her respect to Mananeeya Eknath Ranade and made me to remember every time of that occasion.