1 “Sri Rama Jaya Rama” Mantra was chanted during Deepa Pooja, Shivalinga Pooja and daily by our Balwadi school children, cultural class students and during monthly meetings by our Balwadi teachers and Social Workers. Every month nearly 8, 56,443 times mantras were chanted in 84 localities.
2. Through 75 Balwadis, 1,855 rural Children were nurtured. In all the Balwadis, Malt along with hygienically prepared highly nutritive lunch with vegetables was served during the day. And in the evening vitamin-rich cereals were provided to the children.
3. In our Medicare Programme, 1652 patients were examined and treated for various common ailments, through 14 Rural Medical Centers in Kanyakumari, Nellai and Thoothukudi districts.
4. Eye camps were conducted at 5 places, in Kanyakumari, and Nellai districts in which 598 were treated for their eye ailments and 128 were operated for cataract. 74 persons given eye drops and 52 persons given spectacles.
5. In 186 Samskara Vargas, 6,936 students participated. The students were taught about the values of Indian Culture, through games, lectures & lessons. The feelings of oneness were strengthened among participants, through patriotic songs and games.
6. Under Adopt a Grannie Programme, 26 destitute and old people were provided with monthly solatiums, in the form of rice, dhal, oil, etc., for their livelihood and 97 persons provided rice only, in Southern four districts of Tamilnadu.
7. Monthly Deepa poojas were organized in 218 village temples in five districts of Southern Tamilnadu, in which 9191 ladies participated and offered prayers for the welfare of self, family and the society.
8. Under Amrita Surabhi Scheme, our Kendra workers collected 477 Kgs of rice from five districts.
9. Through various branch centers, including Thoothukudi A.O. and book stalls, literature books were sold for Rs. 42,531 /-
10. Vivekavani Subscriptions for 101 for one year, two Yuva Bharathi collected.
11. 80 women are being benefited in 4 Self Help Groups in Kanyakumari district.
12. Yoga Varga has been conducted at 02 places, Kovilpatti and Aruppukottai in which 22 persons attended.
13. Swadhyaya Varga has been conducted at one places, Kovilpatti and Aruppukottai in which 13 persons attended
14. 4 tailoring units are functioning well in Nellai & Kanyakumari districts with the total attendance of 81.
15. Shivalinga Poojas were conducted at 03 places in Kanyakumari District and 169 members participated.
16. Durga Pooja was conducted at 03 places, in Kanyakumari District in which 188 devotees participated.
17. Balwadi teacher refresher camp was held from 30.06.2015 to 03.07.2015. Teachers from Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi, Ramanad and Virudhunagar districts attended the camp. Totally 114 teachers and 30 trainees attended the camp. During the camp all the teachers were well trained.
18. Parents meeting was conducted at 2 places in Kanyakumari district and 31 persons participated.
19. 1008 Deepa Pooja conducted in Ambasamudram ( Nellai district) and Nainar Kovil (Ramnad district) where 1749 devotees participated from 52 villages.
K.Selvi - Sivagiri- Tirunelveli District
In our balwadi Selvi. V. Madumitha aged about 4 ½ years studied. At present she is living with her father and not coming to our balwadi. They have joined her in the nearest balwadi there. Daily she has continued the practice of saying Sri Ram Jeyaram for 11 times in the morning and without the prayer of Bhramarpanam she will not take any food. Her teacher asked who has trained her like this. Madumitha told them that Kendra balwadi teacher has taught and trained to behave with good manners. Still now she is practicing the same habit every day. Her mother came to me and told all these matters and wondered. This inspired me very much.
S.Kavitha – Kallaveerian Villai – Kanyakumari District
My cultural class student Selvan R.Murugesh has joined in a company for a job. Three months have gone and after availing two days leave he came to our place. He gave me a gift article along with a pen. I asked him the purpose for the gift. From the first month salary he has bought clothes for his parents and gift for me. Further he told me that in order to give respect as a balwadi teacher and cultural class teacher he has offered the gift. Because during his childhood he was delicate and shy. He asserted that only because of me all his shyness have gone. All those past memories made him feel so happy and grateful.
T.Kasthuribai – Kurunthootti vilai – Kanyakumari District
Sri. Tamilmaran who belongs to Kootalumoodu village used to speak in debates on stage. He was good at debate. He visited Bharathi Educational Institute. He whole heartedly told all the people that because of Vivekananda Kendra he was able to become good at debate. When he was a small boy he participated in an elocution competition. He spoke about Lord Krishna and won the first prize. That was his first competition which he cannot forget. That inspired me very much.